By Air: For your convenience, we recommend making flight reservations with Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) as your final destination. There are several daily flight arrivals connecting directly from Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix, and Denver. The UCSB campus is a five-minute drive from the airport.
Santa Barbara Airbus (bus shuttle service from LAX): This service provides several daily bus trips from Los Angeles International Airport to Santa Barbara. Reservations are strongly recommended: (800) 423-1618 (toll-free US/Canada), (805) 964-7759 (outside US/Canada) or www.sbairbus.com. There are discounts for advance reservations and for parties of two or more. You will get off at the Goleta stop.
- By Train: Santa Barbara is served by Amtrak Train Service. Amtrak terminals are located in Santa Barbara (12–15 miles from campus) and Goleta (5 miles from campus). The Amtrak train station closest to UCSB is the Goleta station (GTA), located at 25 S. La Patera Lane.
- To travel to UCSB by Bus:
- To travel to the Goleta Amtrak station by Bus:
- Board MTD Line 24x west-bound (toward Camino Real Marketplace) at the UCSB Bus Loop
- Line 24x becomes Line 12x.
- Get off the bus at the intersection of Hollister Avenue and La Patera Lane.
- Walk up La Patera Lane 0.3 miles (6 minutes) toward the mountains to the train stop
To view the trip from UCSB to Goleta Amtrak on a map, click here.
There is additional information on our TPS site at the bottom of the page under, MTD Bus Service between Amtrak Stations and UCSB.
- UCSB is easily accessible from highway US-101. Please see the map link at the top of this page. Note that if using driving directions/maps websites, there is no proper street address for UCSB; you can get basic directions by entering just the zip code of “93106”.
- From the South: Take US-101 northbound to the Airport/UCSB/Hwy 217 exit (appx. 8 miles north of downtown Santa Barbara). This expressway will take you directly into campus. Enter campus and proceed to Parking Structure 22, using the map above.
- From the North: Take US-101 southbound to the Los Carneros Road exit and turn right on Los Carneros Road. Proceed to El Colegio Road. Turn left on El Colegio Road, proceed about 1/2 mile, and enter the UCSB campus. Proceed to Parking Structure 22, using map above.
GENERAL PARKING INFORMATION
UCSB parking permits are required 7 days per week. Be cautious about where you park. Guests are responsible for following parking rules and for any penalties. Please note that UCSB is a pedestrian campus and parking is limited. Your parking lot assignment may not necessarily be close to your session location. See links to campus maps at the top of this page.
“PAY & DISPLAY” PARKING PERMIT MACHINES
Participants staying in HOTELS or other OFF CAMPUS accommodations without a UC permit should drive directly to Parking Structure 22. Machines selling “Pay & Display” permits are located in this lot.
For those with a UC permit, UC reciprocity will be honored for faculty and staff in parking structure 22. Please be sure your UC parking permit is clearly displayed. You will not need to pay for a parking permit.
Follow the driving directions and steps for purchasing a permit if you are coming from OFF-CAMPUS accommodations.
STEPS FOR PURCHASING A PERMIT in PARKING STRUCTURE 22
- You may purchase a permit from the machines in lot 22. Select “UCTECH” from the menu on the machine and choose the number of days you would like to purchase.
• Machines DO NOT GIVE CASH CHANGE, but do accept credit/debit cards.
• Purchase the permit and place on the dashboard of your car on the driver’s side, so that it is VISIBLE from outside the car.
UC RECIPROCITY PARKING INFORMATION
University of California campuses offer reciprocity to faculty and staff for parking permits. For those with a UC permit, UC reciprocity will be honored for faculty and staff in parking structure 22. Please be sure your UC parking permit is clearly displayed. You will not need to pay for a parking permit.
Most of the UCs agreed to have origin parking services departments provide a temp permit for their staff and faculty when visiting another UC if they have virtual permits in situations for campuses that only use electronic parking.
ON-CAMPUS MANZANITA VILLAGE RESIDENCE HALL PARKING
Parking is included with the Manzanita residence hall housing. Please see your separate Manzanita housing confirmation for more details. Attendees will receive a parking permit at check-in. The closest parking lot to the Manzanita Residence Hall is Lot 22.
ON-CAMPUS CLUB & GUEST HOUSE PARKING
For those with a UC permit, UC reciprocity will be honored for faculty and staff in parking lot 22. Please be sure your UC parking permit is clearly displayed. You will not need to pay for a parking permit.
For those without a UC permit, you can purchase a parking permit from the Club & Guest House front desk when you check in.